Re: Points problem

To: Roger Wilt <rdwilt@pol.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Points problem
From: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:00:21 -0500
Sounds like the coil. My 52 did the same thing. It's good to have several
sets of points and another distributor cap too. I found when my car ran
rough 98% of the time it was the ignition system. This after retuning the
carbs etc., etc. several times before I realized the problem was the
ignition. Do reset the valves too. It only takes 10 minutes. If the points
are pitted too much replace them. Clean each plug or put new ones in. This
is many times the problem. In fact it has been my problem the last 3 times
that I had trouble with the engine.

1. Pointss
2. Coil
3. Plugs