$2000 piece of crap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: $2000 piece of crap
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 16:39:47 -0800
Saw an ad in the local rag  today...It said MUST SELL 75 mgb good shape
$2000....So I drove over to look at it It is some kinda of "el cheapo"
blue metallic  paint job full of orange peel....It has Pennsylvania
plates....dents in the bonnet,boot lid,ratty looking rostyles.The engine
was SUPPOSEDLY rebuilt 40K miles ago had 0 (thats' ZERO)oil pressure at
idle and wouldn't get above 50 at 3000 rpm!It had a weber and old
manifold no smog equiptment cat converter NADA!I told his son who was
there that there was no way this car could be registered in Calif and
ZERO OIL PRESSURE seemed to be a little problem!He said "well maybe it
needs an oil pump"The interior wasn't bad but the rest was pretty
bad,and this clown is asking 2 grand!!Actually I hope he gets it then
mine will be worth 10 grand!!If anyone on the list is interested I can
get moer info for you( tongue firmly in cheek!!)Everytime I go see some
thing like this I realize how lucky I was to find MY B!
Pat