Choke, Battery, Etc. -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov
Subject: Choke, Battery, Etc. -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:24:03 -0500
Gary,

  Larry Dickstein said pretty much all you need to know, but I just
wanted to add one thing - a failing starter motor works worse as it gets
hotter.  On the other hand, we're talking about a 30 year old car, and a
Lucas electrified one at that.  So don't go replacing the starter until
you've tracked down all the grounds and other connections and made sure
they're not the problem.

  Oh, and always park facing downhill.  But I guess you figured that one
out by now.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - without any starter trouble at all.  It's just laying there on
the floor minding its own business.

>>> Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov> 03/17/98 10:16am >>>
If the car doesn't crank the first time, it almost seems like the
battery is going to die trying to crank it afterward.  Also, after I
drive it for a while, stop, and then crank it again while still warm, it
barely wants to turn the engine over....