Re: The Change - Oil, that is. Novices take Heed!

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: The Change - Oil, that is. Novices take Heed!
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:13:20 +1100
My sister in law borrowed our family sedan (Ford Falcon) and thought she'd
do the right thing and check oil, water after her trip. She told us she had
top up the radiator with half a litre or so. OK, no probs.

Except that she added water to the power steering reservoir which ended up
costing us a power steering pump, new hoses and a rack rebuild. The trouble
was that we didn't realise what had happened until a pink foam started
bubbling
out of the PS filler cap... By then the damage was done...

Ouch.

Mike