Re: What...A MGB Trailer???

To: stecz@pswtech.com
Subject: Re: What...A MGB Trailer???
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:50:46 -0600
Hey John:

Thanks for your note about the MGB trailer!  This idea is still in its
infancy stage and may never actually happen, but I'd like to give it a
shot!

Planning on running the stock MGB running gear, axle, springs, shocks,
etc.   That way, a person could have ww if s/he desired.  The weight
wouldn't be much of a factor.  Would use the stock trunk (bootlid),
remove the gas tank, maybe make the floor a bit deeper, since there
would now be additional room available.  Probably retain the panel that
runs side to side in the back of the cockpit area, for strength.  So,
would have to fabricate a panel from the "B" post back to the trunk lid
deck.  Maybe have another small compartment there, don't know for sure
yet!

Final cost depends on many things, including primer vs paint, new chrome
strips, new tires, shocks, bead blasted rims, re-wired as a trailer,
licensed in CA, etc, etc.  Depending on actual cost, I would envision
that a primered B trailer, licensed, ready to haul home on used
tires/rims, lights functional, etc would run about $650.00 USD.  Maybe
less, maybe more.

Again, your thoughts are encouraged!  I've already had an offer for a
full story in MG Magazine, so odds are I'll take the chance to become
famous, or is it *infamous*??

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
ISC