Racing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Racing
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:45:11 EST
>Hey all you racing and safety types, where is the preferred location and
>mounting for a fire extinguisher and battery cutoff switch in an MGA?  I
>assume for racers there are rules regarding these and these would be the
>ones to follow, no?
It varies.  Most put the cut off switch on the cowell where it is easily
available from the outside.  Fire extinguishers are placed in various spots.
Mine is bolted to the floor directly under my legs just in front of the seat,
where it is easy to get to.>>

 I mount the switch behind me on the tonneau panel near the battery.
The extinguisher is clamped to the roll bar diagonal brace to the right of and
behind me (real racers wouldn't have _room_to put it under thier legs on the
floor in front of the seat!)

Bill S.