Sports car highways

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sports car highways
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:45:15 EST
John J. Peloquin wrote:

>>> ...the PCH is possibly the BEST drive there is in an LBC. The stretch
>>> from BIG SUR to just past Pacifica is absolutely AWESOME and is
>>> something everyone should experience in their LBC at least once in >
>their life.  <

I'd have to agree. I drove this stretch a few years ago in my 1965 Jensen,
which is RHD, and it was a hoot. I never exceeded about 110 mph (no room) and
elicited at least three strangled moans from SWMBO (she-who-must-be-obeyed) in
the passenger seat, especially once I realized that whenever I asked her if
there was room to pass (RHD, remember) she'd say 'No', and so I'd drift over
to take a look myself. If she emitted one of her choked gasps, I figured that
she was serious, but if she didn't I figured she was just playing it safe and
there was usually room to pass.
I do remember one 'AArrgghh' as I passed a 70's Corvette on a short straight
though!

The highway from near Nanaimo BC to the west Coast trail on the other side of
Vancouver Island is a classic as well, and I-20 from Napa out to I-5 and from
I-5 over to Tahoe is pretty good in stretches (done that in an MGA and MGC).

Bill S.