RE: Weak Deutschmark??? Was: Cyl Head

To: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl, mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: RE: Weak Deutschmark??? Was: Cyl Head
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:14:10 +0100
Not sure I agree with all of these postings.  I think that the bottom line
is, as always, supply and demand.  "Pre-owned cars" are cheap or expensive,
depending upon the marque and where one is.  I live in Germany and I see
"cheap" Porsches advertised almost daily (condition is in the eyes of the
beholder).  I see many Porsche 928 and 924s on the road daily, they are
common (my favorite is still a 911 Turbo Carrera).   Don't see any LBCs at
all, except mine.  Maybe that is why MGBs are advertised for DM 20,000 to DM
30,000 (U.S. $ 11,000 to $ 17,000, condition is in the eyes of the
beholder).  Go figure.  I just don't think it's exchange rates only.

"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB  (BRG, no PO)
MG Car Club Deutschland, e.V.