Williams MG

To: "Mike Plumstead" <mxp@ipl.co.uk>, "David Knowles" <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>,
Subject: Williams MG
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 98 09:16:01 +0100
MG has announced that it is to team up with Williams to form a Formula
One team for 1999.

The Williams-MG team will use a new engine developed by MG Cars. The
3.6-litre V8 will effectively be two K-series VVC engines joined together.

[Just a bit of speculation here: a detuned version of this KV8 engine
could fit into the MGF if the petrol tank was moved to the front of the
car!]

Frank Williams, in a shock move, has signed up both Damien Hill AND
Michael Schumacher to race in his team. This will be the first time that
the former rivals have worked together. Both drivers will be appearing in
high-profile MG promotions starting this autumn.

I'll pass on more news as soon as I hear any.

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk