Re: Overdrive unit operation

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive unit operation
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 06:16:49 -0700
Paul Hunt wrote:

> miker15@juno.com wrote:
> >
> > 1)forget the o/d on 3rd - its basically about the same ratio as 4th
>
> More like midway on mine.  Clausager says 3rd - 5.402, 3rd o/d - 4.429, 4th -
>3.909, 4th
> o/d 3.205.  OK, not midway, but nearer midway than 4th.
>
> PaulH.

  Paul,

   Huh?  Oh, I see; you're using final drive ratios.  Had me goin' for a
minute there. ;^)

  I saw Mike's comment before, didn't comment then.  When I was playing
with my stage II `70 B, I was using the OD as a "rev extender" thru the
gears and as a "ratio splitter" on mountainous country roads.  Some
trick to shift gears and flick the switch, too. ;^)  I thought of
putting another switch on the gearshift lever but didn't want to mess
with the wiring.  Sure wish I could find another OD to abuse. ;^)  NOT!
These days I'm more inclined to just chug along and look at the
wildflowers.
--
  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX, USA