Oil Coolers & Thermostats

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Oil Coolers & Thermostats
From: jpquinn@cyberramp.net
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:44:37 +0000
Listers:

I dont have one on the car right now, and it didnt seem to get real
hot.  I never took it on a long trip either.  The engine is a 1275
with crossflow radiator in a 62 Sprite body.  I'll be going on a trip
from Dallas to Nacogdoches and back once she rides again soon.

Would there be an advantage for me to install an oil cooler?  Would
that long distance trip get the engine pretty darn hot, hot enough to
need an oil cooler?  Or will the oil cooler end up being a really
neat looking gadget on the car? (Do they come in cool looking
colors?)

If so, whats the best oil cooler to get and where is the optimal
location for the unit?

Also, whats the best thermostat temp opening temperature (Lack of
better way to say it...) unit to have in the engine block?

Thanks,