Importing MGF to the U.S.

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Importing MGF to the U.S.
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:07:46 +0200
To anyone who is interested.

As promised, I went to the local Rover/MG dealership a few days ago to ask
what needs to be changed on a MGF to get it into the U.S.  Unfortunately,
they didn't know.  The saleswoman tried to find out for me but couldn't.  I
am persuing other routes to find out.  BTW, the list price for a new MGF
1.8i is DM 41,500 - a MGF 1.8i VVC is DM 46,500 (including the 16% value
added tax, which I think would not have to be paid if the car was shipped to
the U.S.).  I'll post another message when, and if, I find anymore
information.

"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB  (BRG, no PO)