MGs & P-cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGs & P-cars
From: "John A. Wise" <wise@db.erau.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:51:27 -0500
        >...I am thinking of buying a Porsche.  Can anyone talk
        > me out of  this.  I like most of the MG drivers out there, and I
shudder to
        > think of the assholes who drive Porsches...

Along with John Steczkowski I own one of each,  A 77 B and a 77 911S.  I
love them both.  Nothing can beat a B for spring time in FL.  I have had
the top down for thee weeks srtaight.  But the 911 is an amazing car in
terms of power & oerformance.  Mine has 190K miles & the only thing that
rattles is the change I keep in the ashtray.  As for "the assholes who
drive Porsches" - I don't believe they are any different from any other
marque.  When you talk with them about their cars, for the MOST part they
are enthusiasts and talk about tinkering etc. just like is done here.  I
plan on keep one of each as long as my spouse will allow ;-)

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Department of Human Factors & Systems           Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA