Dash Crud

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dash Crud
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:57:55 -0500
I posted this to the Healey list because the problem is on my Healy. I
still don't have an answer. this list is much larger, and I'm sure some
of you have had this problem before. The problem is that the dpo glued
something to the center of the dash years ago, and the very hard glue is
still stuck to the vinyl. I've tried several solvents such as oops! for
old latex paint, my favorite for sticky residue is charcoal lighter
fuel. The local trim shop has a solvent, but that didn't soften it. I
need something that sticks to the glue and softens it without damaging
the vinyl dash. I suspect that If I ever do get it off, I will then be
faced with clean spots on the dash, but I can handle that.

Suggestions?

Jack