3 Mains

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 3 Mains
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 02:36:36 EDT
<<Well, I took a look at that "65" B and it turns out by the VIN #'s that
it is a 65 engine in a 67 shell. Refitted the engine from a wrecked car
into a 67 shell. This was learned after a little prying into the history
of the car. Is the 1800 that is stamped on the left (intake) side of the
engine indicative of the 3 main engine? >>

I happen to like 3 main B engines, but expect that I am in the minority. If it
has 1800 on it _and_ a tach drive at the left rear of the block, it is a 3
main.

Bill S.