Re: Door assembly wanted (I think)

To: Christopher Delling <saschris@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Door assembly wanted (I think)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 00:40:13 -0400
Christopher Delling wrote:
> When looking at the door hinge, I believe that the door would bend
> before the hinge, so I suspect the door shell is deformed.

  I would think so for the hinge bars they are VERY strong, but the
actual pinion that the hinge rotates on is not as strong as it
could be, perhaps it is bent?

  If you have an impact driver, taking a door off is a straightforward
but annoying job. It took me two hours to remove one door on my
1970 to replace the worn hinges, along the way snapping one impact
bit, one screw, and hitting my hand REALLY hard giving me an ugly
bruise for a week.

  ...on reassembly I used enough anti-seize to make the car sit
lower on that side. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/