Door assembly wanted (I think)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Door assembly wanted (I think)
From: Christopher Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:36:47 -0400
Hello all-

I am not a happy camper.  Due to a stupid mistake, my drivers side door =
(or hinges) has been damaged.  The car was accidently backed up with the =
door patially open.  The trailing edge of the door dug into the wall of =
my garage, forcing the door forward.  With the door closed, it appears =
to fit correctly in the door aperature.  When you try to open the door, =
the leading edge of the door hits the trailing edge of the wing, and =
binds.  The paint has all been chipped off, and as the door is pulled =
open the door will finally "pop" open with a bang.

When looking at the door hinge, I believe that the door would bend =
before the hinge, so I suspect the door shell is deformed.  Does anyone =
know how I can verify this?  And while I'm at it, does anyone have a =
solid, rust free door assembly for a MGB 1968-1980?  If so please =
respond with asking price, and location.  I am in Detroit, and if you =
are responding from far away, would have to be willing to arrange UPS =
shipment.

Regards,

Chris Delling