Re: Getting Legal

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Getting Legal
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:32:34 -0400
At 10:41 PM 4/18/98 -0400, Philip Hubbard wrote:
>Might take a NJ resident to answer this if it varies by state, but here
>goes.  Just picking up my car from the seller this coming week.  I guess to
>be legal I need in my hand, valid title, insurance coverage and
>registration/plates.  I will get the title with car naturally.  I can make
>it to Motor Vehicles early in the am, but the sticker is insurance.  If I
>just add coverage for my Midget on to my existing policy can I do this with
>no wait for paperwork back and forth?  Liberty Mutual is the company if
>that matters.  What do I have to carry in the car - of course, I have my
>insurance card in my current one, but is a faxed letter good enough in the
>meantime?  I'm trying to see if I can make it to the Britfest in Dover, NJ
>this weekend so I ask the questions.  I'll ask on Monday, but I'm so eager
>I thought I'd ask here on the list in the meantime.
>
>Thanks for any replies to one keen enthusiast.
>
>Philip

Jersey boy insured by Liberty (for my regular cars) here at your service.
Just call Liberty, give them your current insurance policy number and the
cars id number and you are in business. Motor Vehicles need the title and
your same policy number, to title and register the car ,they will give you
plates too. When all is done and if the car is 25 years old and not a daily
driver, get an application for Historic plates (takes time ,so get regular
plates first) and write or call J.C. Taylor for classic insurance (at least
1/5 the cost ). If you stick with regular plates, you will need Liberty to
send you an insurance card as you will have two weeks to inspect the car,
and the card is needed then, not when you register it. No inspection for
Historics. Any questions?

Mike