Re: Instrument blubs - bgt - experience??

To: Penny & Bill Meyer <pplusb@northlink.com>
Subject: Re: Instrument blubs - bgt - experience??
From: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 18:55:50 -0700
Word on the street is that Penny & Bill Meyer said:
> What has been the experience with these bulbs?  I installed tham in my
> wife's GT and within two weeks they were all burnt out.  Had she cranked
> them up too high?  How long have they lasted for others??

I don't think the bulbs are very tough, they probably don't last long at
all if you run them too far above the rated voltage.  I'd recommend taking
the instruments apart and repainting the reflective white paint, that
would probably help even more... no doubt it would allow you to run the
RC bulbs dimmer or perhaps go back to the original bulb.

Skye

--
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/