restoration steps

To: "MG email bbs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: restoration steps
From: "Brent & Susan Laube" <laubebs@softdisk.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 20:52:57 -0500
I recently found a '66 Midget (I like to refer to her as "Lil' bit") and
I'm in the beginning stages of a very thourough restoration.  The motor
hasn't run for at least 3 years while in the POs barn.  I've removed the
front wings, lights, bumpers, etc., from the front and am down to the nity
grity.  I want to strip & repaint the engine, the engine compartment, all
accessories, and all the chasis parts.

I'm looking for some 'past experiences' in determining my next step.
Should I get the engine running before pulling it, or should I just pull
it, tear it down, and rebuild it, and put it back in after finishing the
engine compartment?  I'm not going to be shy about replacing parts to get
as reliable a MG (oxy moron?) as possible.

 Any and all opinions will be appreciated!

Brent Laube
"66 Midget
laubebs@softdisk.com