Re: Carpet Die

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carpet Die
From: shidis@netcom.ca
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:29:38 -0400 (EDT)
On 04/22/98 12:22:00 you wrote:

>Hi all again,
>
>Just a quick one - has anybody tried using a die on their carpet?
>
>I have just got this '73BGT, and it will need a lot of the carpet
>replacing, however there are some areas, where the black carpet
>has just faided to almost white.  I thought perhaps a die would do
>the trick?
>
>Any tips?, where to get it? etc.
>
>                      Thanks,            Alan B.'

Allan: The auto manufacturers use Fabric spray paint that can be purchased from
Pep Boys or similar type stores. They use it to correct flaws and marks by
misting it over the top of the carpet. The same effect can be accomplishe with
flat black paint. The trick is a very light mist of several coats and brushing
with  a scrub brush between coats to maintain some soft feel to the carpet. I
used this method a few years ago on an MGA I had and the results were very
satisfactory and held up well for about 3 years. Touch ups are obviously quite
easy.

                                                Don Ainsworth