Overspray/Sm Part Search

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Overspray/Sm Part Search
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 06:58:45 -0600 (MDT)
Hello Listers...

Need your input on two items. First, I seem to have allowed a very fine dust
of overspray to land on my B during the winter's OD installation. Although I
thought I was being extremely cautious by covering the car (I have a small
paint booth for spraying small parts), it would seem that the finest of dust
has stuck to some areas of the car that were obviously left uncovered. It's
practically invisible to the naked eye, but as you rub your finger along the
surface, you can feel the roughness. This is all on flat, horizontal
surfaces - like the trunk lid.

Question is - how to remove without scratching the finish? There also
appears to be a fine dusting on the plastic windows of the top, and here
again, my concernis using too abrasive a removal agent, and leaving
scratches, or a hazing. Comments, suggestions?

I am also looking for a small bit - the oil cooler lines on the B are
secured at two points with a rubber strap - one just ahead of the rad
shroud, one just behind. This loop of material is held together with a metal
fastner comprised of two shallow U-shaped pieces about 3/4" X 5/8". One is
drilled for the bolt to pass through, the other has a captive nut. I need
the piece with the captive nut, and the bolt. Anyone part out an old B and
have one of these? Please e-mail.

Thanks in advance for all and any advice!

BTW - had a second drive in the roadster with it's new OD. Logged about 10
miles - runs very well, OD goes in and out with no problem, and best of all
- still no leaks! Now, if only the weather would warm up a tad...

Terry 'Arid' Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster