Re: Casual Friday

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Casual Friday
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 18:49:21 -0400
Rick Brown wrote:

> Philip Hubbard wrote:
> >
> > At 11:40 PM 4/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Mike
> > >
> > >Why didnt ya stick around for BRITFEST tomorrow at Moss New Jersey?
> > >
> > >Anyone else coming? Ill have my 74 BGT Maroon with Jersey plates - Look
> > >me up.
> > >
> > >Rick
> >
> > Just in case anyone logs on before heading out for Britfest.  I intend on
> > coming in the first voyage in my new 1974 Burgundy (Maroon?) Midget also
> > with Jersey plates.  Lots of odds and ends I want to look for what with the
> > new beast and all.  Hope the rain we had this eve has all packed up and
> > gone home by the time of the show.
> >
> > Philip
> > '74 Midget (Burgundy)
>
> If You log on this morning will see ya there.
>
> Rick

Geez Phil I looked all over for a Maroon Midget but couldnt find it.
Hope you didnt have problems on your way to the show. :(

BRITFEST was a fantastic show this year as usual - except for the
crowding!  The weather was perfect - sunny and not too chilly.

The day started off here in western NJ where myself and 12 other members
of the Keystone MG Club met for breakfast and I led the entourage of 11
MGs and two trucks to Moss Motors in North central NJ.  Only one member
of the entourage took home a prize - Congratulations to Ed Hass and his
74 Black MGBGT.

Lots of vendors this year with a variety of used parts for sale.  Found
the 1000 Speedo I need to complete my OD installation for $15.00!

Moss of course was offering their 15% off special to all attendees. So
took advantage of that but didnt go overboard...only spending $54.

Didnt see - or didnt recognize too many of the list members except for
Dave Deutsch.

Overall was a perfect Saturday.

Rick

<http://home.ptd.net/~mgrick/council.htm>