Re: Help needed!!

To: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Help needed!!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:54:45 -0400
Albert F Jones wrote:
> still want someone to explain why so many 1500 Spitfires drop #3 rod.

  Some evidence points to heating being significant.

  The "problem" seems worse in Midget 1500s than Spit 1500s, and it
might be no coincidence that the Midget has a much more confined
engine bay.

  As well, it seems that the more north you go, the fewer stories
you hear. I never collated the data, but it just seemed that way.

> I honestly don't think that you can say that a
> Spitfire is stronger or cheaper to maintain than a B.

  The B is cheaper, hands down.

  I have three LBCs and the B is by far the cheapest, because it is
VERY easy to get almost everything from a junkyard. There were a
half million of the things made after all, and a lot of them are
still either running or still in one piece in a junkyard
somewhere. (read: Not crushed)

  I "rejuvinated" my B from a bucket and only needed to buy one
part new, a gasket set which I got locally. Everything else was
junkyarded, and usually with a few donors to choose from. With my
other cars just about everything requires an order to Moss and a hefty
Visa bill.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/