Re: wiring electric fans

To: Scott McKorkle <bmc@aa.net>
Subject: Re: wiring electric fans
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 21:54:38 -0400
Scott-

The biggest problem was cars burning to the ground.

An un-attended car, no fuse or circuit breaker, a high draw electrical
device running on its own, undersized wires, crummy connectors at best,
even worse when corroded, a really poor Lucas relay, the black "can"
style, the unknown modifications of many owners, rant, rant, rant.

I've got to stop, I'm ranted out.

My 1977 ran fine with the factory set up in the early 80's with only
22,000 miles, & everything in good shape, but that year, the fans only
ran with the ignition on. As the car grew older, the fans drew more &
more, finally melting a wire, with no serious effects, but it could have
been a different story.

Just my opinion/experience, your results may vary.

Jim

with a totally rewired car, Centech,  21 circuit- 19 fuse panel, all
soldered connections, 7 relays, everything-proof insulated wires, & even
less money than before.