Re: Rechroming

Subject: Re: Rechroming
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:06:32 -0400
Hi all,

When this thread was alive a few years ago I posted the following
comment.  I think it still applies:

The quality of chrome available from Moss, et al. is pathetic.  When I
redid my MGA I used Moss replacement bumpers, front grill, etc.
Less than a year later they had more rust and pits than the 25 year
old stuff I replaced.  Besides that, the Moss parts were noticeably
thinner and weaker than the originals.

If you have straight serviceable parts you will probably be ahead
having them re-chromed. Or be prepared to get pissed every time
you see your "new" rusting chrome.

Perhaps the vendors have improved in the last few years but I doubt
it.  YMMV

Dave

'46 MG-TC
'61 MGA