Exhaust valve seats.

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Exhaust valve seats.
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 12:18:44 -0600
Hi Lawrie,

  I have the head off my B for a valve job and trueing.  The head is
casting #12H 1326, has no air injection ports.  Best I can tell it's a
`67 or earlier.

  I wnt to convert it to run unleaded gas so am having exh valve seats
and stellite-faced valves installed.  Here's the rub.  We got some seats
out of San Antonio but my local machinist says they look awfully thick
to him.  He's concerned about boring into the water jacket.

 Can you tell me how far it's safe to bore into the seat area?  Sure
don't want to booger up a good head, they're hard to find.

  Anyone else who has experience in this area is welcome to chime in.

 PLEASE!
--
  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX, USA