Re: A reminder to be a squirrel.....

To: skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca
Subject: Re: A reminder to be a squirrel.....
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 15:40:05 EDT
On Thu, 14 May 1998 09:38:16 -0700 Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
writes:
>Word on the street is that miker15@juno.com said:
>> I took the wheels off this morning to find that the pads were wafer
>thin!
>> - i was about 20 miles from metal!!
>
>Speaking of which, what is the thickness that says "time for a
>change"?
>
>In mm (millimeters) if possible..  do you need a caliper to measure

I'll bow to more technical wisdom than mine but 3 of the ones i took off
were less than 1mm and the 4th had about 3mm - since they start life at
about 5-6mm, my guess would be at about 2mm

>> I cleaned the rotors with scotchbrite  -
>Is scotchbrite similar to SOS pads?

No - its not metallic - more like the green rectangular scouring pads you
see -
you can get it at any hardware store

mike robson
69 roadster