Re: Miata (MX-5) bashing........

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Miata (MX-5) bashing........
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:04:38 -0400
>I don't think we are "bashing" Miatas The point is it seems strange to
>be a "sports car driver" and run around on a perfectly good day with the
>top up!Also the Miata was computer engineered to be a sports car even

There's many reasons to keep the top up. I suppose people like the A/C
better -
or they don't want their hair messed up.

Do we call the BGT a non-sports car because they can't drop the top?

>down to designing in the exhaust tone.My feelings are how much smarter
>WE are having this much fun at 1/4 the cost also we are enthusiasts who
>get our fingers dirty and understand our cars in a way no Miata or ANY
>modern car owner doesn't.If that gives us a little superiorty complex I

I know many Miata owners that get "down and dirty" with their cars. Back up
your statements with fact.

>guess we have earned it.I am more impressed by a guy that is driving a
>car which isn't perfect but he has done most of the work himself and it
>is a labor of love than some guy that can just buy one because he has
>the money.

Obviously you have never seen a worked Miata.

BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring

http://members.home.com/mgbhaven