Radical Change, but Wrong Car

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Radical Change, but Wrong Car
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:55:59 EDT
<<I'm told the MGB was also viewed as a radical change when it first came out.
Front disk brakes standard.  No heavy frame.  Sporty but still economical
and durable.  If the MG organization had been allowed to keep their
engineering dept doing more than emissions improvements I can't help but
think that Abington would still be producing MGs today.  Not just "improved"
MGBs, but creative, sporty cars that the average guy like me could afford.
John Van Valkenburgh>>

Actually, I believe that you are thinking of the MGA, which was a departure
from the previous models in styling, and was met by contemporary
traditionalists with horror because it had none of the dubious virtues of the
T series.
After the A, the B was a fairly derivative model, and didn't represent any
stunning change to the accepted paradigm.

Bill S.