Re: brake dragging/replacing wheel cylinder

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: brake dragging/replacing wheel cylinder
From: Glenn Williams <willga@washington.xtn.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:55:56 -0400
I replaced both rear cylinders last weekend, and after fiddling with
the clip on the right rear, got it on using a method similar to the
one Dan describes. I first attached the brake line to cylinder. That
helps hold the cylinder in place. Then, I slipped the clip over the
brake line and on end of shoulder at angle with center tooth and one
end tooth just slipping over the edge of the shoulder. Then, used a big
flat blade screwdriver to lever the other end tooth over edge of the
shoulder. Then, used the end of screwdriver to force one end tooth into
groove, followed by other end tooth, and finally, the center tooth.
Worked great for the right, but had hell of a time with the left one,
partly because of rear muffler obstructing work space, and not taking
Dan's advice for a sanity break... after which, I was successful with
left cylinder.

Glenn Williams
willga@xtn.net
Johnson City, TN