Re: B gets legal

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Subject: Re: B gets legal
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 02:02:37 -0400
Ben Ruset wrote:
> Pardon my bombing the list with another immature idiotic
> statement, as I am oft akin to making, but what was the
> story with the diesel fuel?

  I had some trouble getting this B running even though
it had no real problems.

  I had really really low compression on all cylinders. The
compression would come back if I squirted oil in the cylinders,
and would not only come back the car would actually sputter
like it was going to start, until the oil fouled the
plugs.

  Basically, my rings were grunged up and not moving and
sealing well.

  Based on the advice of the local guru, I filled each
cylinder with diesel fuel and kept them more or less
full for a week. Then I drained the oil, refilled, and it
started up with the turn of a key and has been just
golden since.

> >  Tomorrow I buy plates and let the fun begin. Where will
> > the first breakdown be? It's so exciting. ;>
>
> Is the Magnette legal yet?

  Nah, but I'll be starting on the Magnette project any
day now. I am moving on Monday and one of the advantages
of the new place is more space. I'll be able to finally
get the Magnette "on site" instead of lounging at my
parents where it is now.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/