British Car Week (my contribution)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car Week (my contribution)
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 07:11:05 -0700
To combine British Car Week with our 45th wedding anniversary (today)
we are taking the '79MGB down the Southern Oregon Coast. We are being
accompanied by members of The Willamette MG Club, out of Portland,
and will be staying overnight at Bandon, Oregon.

It was 45 years ago today (May 22nd.) that we drove the 1939 MGTB to
the South Coast of England (from Wales) so this little trip will bring
back some wonderful memories for us.

I worked feverishly on the overdrive last week in attempt to get it
to work. Unfortunately I didn't have the correct tool to remove the
plug to inspect the pump plunger, etc.  But I did get power to the
new solenoid and know that it is working.  I had no problem replacing
the 20-50 oil in the transmission. It becomes an easy job if you buy
a pump ($10.95 in any automotive store) stick one tube into the oil
container, and the other tube into the tranny, and pump away 'til the
fluid pours out of the oil level. I plan on working on the overdrive
again in the fall as I don't want to miss any summer driving.

Cheerio, Stuart....'79MGB (with the top down)
Stuart Farmer