Re: Price for quality paint job?

To: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Price for quality paint job?
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:16:39 -0500
Is he stripping the paint or you?  That's actually the hardest part of the
job.  I just got finished last night putting the clear coat on my B.  I
spent about $200 on supplies (paint,primer,clearcoat,and reducers) of
course I am using DuPont Urethanes.  Your GT will take a bit more.
Actually I was using an HVLP gun so I was able to get 2 coats of paint with
1 qt!  Another 20 hours of wet sanding and bondo work (I had quite a bit of
damage).  Figure $15/per hr conservative. I'd charge min $650.  If he does
stripping i'd get closer to $800-$900.  That price  would come down quite a
bit if you used acrylic paints.  Hope that helps

Mike