Re: Price for quality paint job?

To: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Price for quality paint job?
From: Marten Dubourcq <dubourcm@db.erau.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:10:45 -0400
Andy Ramm wrote:

> I have found a painter for the GT that seems to be very
> trustworthy and his price is probably not out of line.  But
> just for a reality check, what would you expect to pay for a
> bare metal paint job including filling the dings, dips and
> dents?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

A while back I had gotten a quote from a garage which did mainly mg's
and they quoted me $1600.00!  That's after I would do all the prep
work.  So that was the price for labor and materials along.  The place
was however reputable and the quality would not have been questionable.
Another thing to consider would be how they plan to do your prep work?
I guy I help out in exchange for doing work on my 73B would charge
around $3500, but the problem areas would be corrected properly and not
just filled with "mud"!  Good Luck!!