Re: British Car Week

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: British Car Week
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:24:01 -0500 (CDT)
The 77 is the Red car The British Racing Green (actually Jag Forest
Green) B is a 75. It's just a little overbored and has a mild street
cam in it. The SUs replacing the ZS made a world of difference. As far
as speed goes ......... I got to fix that darn Speedo now don't I,
don't think I was passed at all though. I have driven alot of Bs and
this car is the best ride I ever had in one. Ian Pender's V8 B take a
close 2nd. It was a very nice day indeed and I'm happy to hear your
ride home was uneventful.

Today I was back behind the wheel of a tow truck and low and behold my
first call was to transport a 68 B to a service facility. The fellow
knew I was "on duty" so he requested me. He was taking it to a fellow I
recommended to him here on Long Island. Saw another B while I was
hauling this one and saw an early Spitfire as well.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>Wow!  A great LBC Saturday.   Dave's red B with white cloth top and
the performance of the BRG
>'77B.  Damn thing was rock steady at .... well, let's just say it was
>motoring along nicely.  :)  He's made some modification which you all
know
>about already or he can tell you about sometime.  Better the owner
than I
>is my feeling.

  All in all, a great LBC day.