Minor Problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Minor Problems
From: Spencer Parks <jkc@esper.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:43:08 -0400
Hi Folks,

After a month or so off the list, I'm back on.  The MG is mostly restored
(at least it's finally drivable) and I'm pleased with the results.  Just a
couple of problems....

1) I'm getting a slight miss when I get above 2500 rpm.  I suspect it could
be the vacume advance but not sure how to test it.  If there are other
things I should look at let me know.

2) It's overheating.  That's the really bad news.  I've flushed the system,
put in a new thermostat, checked the water pump, the fluid level.  I have
several small (read really tiny) leaks in the radiator...but nothing to
lead to serious coolent loss.  It takes about 10 miles and then the needle
points dangerously close to the hot side.  Any suggestions?  I know I need
the radiator fixed (have an appointment with the shop next week) but should
it overheat that quickly even full of coolent?

Thanks in advance...this project nears compleation and a good bit of it is
due to the advice and help from folks here.

Peace....
Spencer
1980 MGB
Ten Mile, TN