Speedometer probs (yet another!)

Subject: Speedometer probs (yet another!)
From: "Mike Peterson" <mpeterson@bdcast.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:49:35 -0500
I have a non-O/D 79 B. The speedometer has never worked since I got it. I
have removed the cable and the speedo. When I turn one end of the cable, the
other end turns. I hooked up the cable to the speedo on one end and a
varispeed drill on the other, and verified that the speedo works.

Now I am at the right-angle drive and note that the VB catalog mentions that
there needs to be a washer here. Mine done not have it. I would not imagine
this would cause a failure...right (just save some wear and tear)? Anyway,
does anyone have the size of washer needed, as I imagine I could get an
equivalent at the local hardware store (and/or anyone have a known good
right angle drive for a late model B that they want to sell -for less than
~$75?).

thanks
Mike