Re: Can '67 dash be intalled in 69 GT?

To: "Michael MacLeod" <macleodm@cadvision.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Can '67 dash be intalled in 69 GT?
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 09:18:55 -0700
Michael.....

I share your opinion that the earlier dash looks more attractive but,
unfortunately, the curve of the mounting surface is different between the
63 - 67 cars and the later cars. A steel dash cannot be fitted to a padded
dash car without major modifications.

If you want to make a real improvement in your '69, find and install a dash
from a 73 or 74, while retaining the same instruments as your car. These
have center vents and a glovebox, both features that made my 68 GT much more
enjoyable. Except for a slight modification to connect the center vents, the
changeover is perfectly straightforward.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center