Re: MGC

To: Mark Iansiti <Mark.Iansiti@gte.net>
Subject: Re: MGC
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 19:37:45 -0500
Mark Iansiti wrote:

> Just picked up a 1969 MGC Roadster (wire wheels, overdrive, reclining seats)
>and
> wondered whether this is as rare of a bird as I think.

This ain't exact but there were almost 9,000 MGCs built. About half of the
total were imported to the U.S.A. and the mix
was about evenly split between roadsters and GTs.  Wire wheels, overdrive, and
reclining seats are not rare on the model.

Although rare in total numbers, they didn't distinguish themselves sufficiently
in image or performance over the 'B' to
garner much collector status. If you're looking, they aren't hard to find. Only
about a 20% premium over an equivalent 'B'.

They are fun, though.

> is this the same rack used on a 'B'?

No. They slowed the steering in the 'C' to get better leverage over the heavy
lump on the front wheels. The 'B' rack
attachment points are different than the 'C'. However, with some minor bracket
construction, a 'B' rack can be installed in
the 'C'. You can't buy a new 'C' rack anymore.--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '62Elva, '97TR'birdMC
"If you can't excel with talent, Triumph with effort." -- Dave Weinbaum