Re: MGC

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, "Mark Iansiti" <Mark.Iansiti@gte.net>
Subject: Re: MGC
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:59:58 -0400
>I guess you CAN say you have a relatively "rare" car!
>Dan
>'73 B

Doubtful.  The MGC isn't considered any more (or much more) rare than an
early chrome bumper MGB.  Price differences aren't much between restorable
and driving cars, but the difference in price is really only seen in only
concourse quality restored MGCs, which than beat an MGB hands down.

>>Hello list I could use some help (worked with the list last fall until my
>>system crashed - just got a new system - GREAT to be back)  Just picked
>>up a 1969 MGC Roadster (wire wheels, overdrive, reclining seats) and
>>wondered whether this is as rare of a bird as I think.  As I understand
it,
>>only about 4500 were build between (appor) 1967 and 1969.  Of those,
>>only 2500 were imported into the U.S., and in 1969 only 1700 or so were
>>built - no idea how many of that year were  imported.

BTW, 8999 MGCs (in total) were produced from 1967-1969.  Classic and
Sportscar maintains a 9013 total MGC production number count.  I don't think
I've ever seen an MGC without wirewheels (unless aftermarket wheels).  The
overdrive is nice, but would be more "rare" if it were an automatic trans.

--
Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: KMR or rebelgeek)