MGC

Subject: MGC
From: Mark Iansiti <Mark.Iansiti@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 98 18:17:04 Eastern Daylight Time
Hello list I could use some help (worked with the list last fall until my
system crashed - just got a new system -
GREAT to be back)  Just picked up a 1969 MGC Roadster (wire wheels, overdrive,
reclining seats) and
wondered whether this is as rare of a bird as I think.  As I understand it,
only about 4500 were build between
(appor) 1967 and 1969.  Of those, only 2500 were imported into the U.S., and in
1969 only 1700 or so were
built - no idea how many of that year were  imported.

Would like to know, is the British Car Registery (if that's the ciorrect term)
the place to notify of my purchase?
Do they care? Can they tell me about the car (original color(s), build date,
etc?).

Last question: There is a floater, I believe, in the front steering rack. It
hangs up intermittently when rotating lock
to lock - not always the same place- acts like a chipped tooth or something is
getting caught in there.  If I can
clean it out when I dissassemble it, great, If not, is this the same rack used
on a 'B'?  Thanks, in advance.

Mark Iansiti
69 MGC
69 Mg Midget