Re: Looking for MGA Fastback

To: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for MGA Fastback
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 20:51:50 -0500
Douglas Gaither wrote:

> I just bought my dad the Original MGA for Father's Day.  So, I only have 3
> weeks left to finish reading it!  Anyways, in the text Clausager says that
> Ted Lund raced a special Twin Cam at Le Mans in '59, '60 & '61.  The 1960
> version was a fastback coupe (SRX210).  Does anyone know of a picture of
> this car?  I'd sure be interested in seeing it.

Looks like you need to buy another book.

Page 79 of Donald Knowles' excellent book "MG Untold Story"
has a picture and pretty good story text to go with it. It
looks a lot more like a 'D' type Jag or the original "SS"
Corvette than an 'A'. And it ain't a fastback but a
roadster with a big headrest/fin arrangement.

If you ask me nice I could private email a scan.

Bob Allen, Kansas City