Re: Looking for MGA Fastback

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for MGA Fastback
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 09:18:12 -0500
Robert Allen wrote:

> Douglas Gaither wrote:
>
> > I just bought my dad the Original MGA for Father's Day.  So, I only have 3
> > weeks left to finish reading it!  Anyways, in the text Clausager says that
> > Ted Lund raced a special Twin Cam at Le Mans in '59, '60 & '61.  The 1960
> > version was a fastback coupe (SRX210).  Does anyone know of a picture of
> > this car?  I'd sure be interested in seeing it.
>
> Looks like you need to buy another book.
>
> Page 79 of Donald Knowles' excellent book "MG Untold Story"
> has a picture and pretty good story text to go with it. It
> looks a lot more like a 'D' type Jag or the original "SS"
> Corvette than an 'A'. And it ain't a fastback but a
> roadster with a big headrest/fin arrangement.
>
> If you ask me nice I could private email a scan.
>
> Bob Allen, Kansas City

Bob and Douglas,

Don't have the book MG the Untold Story, but I do have "MGA a History &
Restoration Guide" by Bob Vitrikas. on page 155 and 158 are pictures of
EX210 raced in 1960 and 61. It is definitely a fastback coupe. All
aluminum body. Roof lowered 1-1/2". The two photo's show it pretty well.
No front bumper, driving lights mounted in the body, hood scoop (or
should I say bonnet scoop), fresh air intake hole in the body. A
different front end was done for 1961.

Chuck Schaefer