Re: Springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Springs
From: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 19:36:22 -0700
> 1)     My 74 RBB lists to port (driver's side is considerably lower than
> passenger side). New springs are in order. Is is imperative to replace
> both sides at the same time?

May want to pull and measure both sides.  Compare to spec tolerances and
decide if you want to replace...

> 2)     My front bumper is crooked and the support bar is bent. Is there
> a trick to getting the bumper bolts out? Mine keep turning with the nut.

Use a nut splitter maybe... I have a set of splitters in the mail from
JC Whitney for a similar problem!

> 4)     What's the magic word to say when you want to remove the guages
> (speedo, tach, etc.) for cleaning?
>
> 5)     A while back there was some discussion about Radio Shack panel
> light bulbs. Does anyone have the Radio Shack number for them?

Check out the "tech tip collection" and then "interior" section on my
site listed below for those two answers...

Skye

--
1966 MGB                GHN3L-70307
The MGB Experience      http://www.mgb.bc.ca/