Re: MGA Directional Signal Switch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA Directional Signal Switch
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 21:43:51 -0500
While restoring my roadster, I tried to restore the turn signal switch,
I couldn't get the adjustable valve to seal properly. The leather was
OK, but the ball valve would not seal against the bakelite housing. The
timing was way too quick. Every 3 or 4 seconds I would constantly have
to reset the switch.

Then I remembered that the switch on my coupe always would time out
while waiting at a stop light, so I would have to reset it just before
the light turned green. Then after turning the corner I would have to
manually turn it off. It would never turn off at the appropriate time.

So... I decided rather than try to get the switch on the roadster
functional, I just gutted it. Now it is an un-timed switch. When I want
to turn it on I do and it stays on until I complete the turn. Then I
turn it off.

Chuck Schaefer
56 roadster (under restoration)
61 coupe (was driveable now awaiting parts)