RE: simple anti-theft device

To: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Subject: RE: simple anti-theft device
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 10:12:49 +0200
At 17:16 04-06-1998 -0400, Ralph wrote:
(about the steering wheel of his MGA):

>2.  Sometimes I take it with me, sometimes I check it at the desk,
>sometimes I slide it up in the footwell, sometimes I put it in the
>trunk.  I attended a church service in downtown Atlanta a few weeks ago
>and slid it under the pew.

Reminds me of the early 1980s, when the first easy-slide-out car radios
were sold here in Europe.
I travelled a lot for my company (still do) and at the time, when I was in a
roadside restaurant, there always were some people that entered the
restaurant carrying a car radio. (Nowadays they carry cellular phones; a
sign of the changing times...)

I always wondered what they would think if, after their meal, they would
return to the parking lot with the radio in their hand and find their car
stolen....   ;-)

Bert