Re: New Jersey Historic Plate Plates question

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Subject: Re: New Jersey Historic Plate Plates question
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 15:04:09 -0400
At 02:14 PM 6/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm strongly considering personalized plates for my car (in NJ) which I will
>hopefully get back next week. Anyone know the drill for getting a set?

Gee Ben, it took you over 12 seconds to post an answer to my question, but
I'll answer yours anyway... (I thought of the "picture" plates like you
mentioned, like the lighthouse on the "Shore to please" tag, but they don't
give you a spot to tick off the choice you might want.

On the personalized plate question, you get an ap from the special plates
office and on the back of the ap there is a place for you to fill out your
three choices for what you want the plate to say...
I assume  MG  MGA and  MY MGA  are all taken.

But to answer your question honestly, I don't know, because once again the
state government has proven their idiocy.  They give very incomplete
information. They don't even tell you how many letters you can use on the
plate, so I may submit the following for mine...
---Boy, I sure love the Hell out of my MGA and you better keep your hands
off it, unless you're a dame, or I'll knock your block off!---

Dave
'62 MGA 1600 II