Re: I need a new engine (I think)

To: "Jason Sawyer" <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: I need a new engine (I think)
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:40:50 -0700
Jason......I believe you have drawn a wrong conclusion from the spacers!
Most late Bs had spacers between the mounts and the chassis mounting points.
We're not positive why they're there but there they are (probably a design
engineer miscalculated the mount placement and shims were cheaper than
re-engineering the chassis!).

Anyway, if your engine has four cylinders and looks like an MGB engine
(surely you have a book with a picture - even a Moss catalog would do- if
you haven't any friends with Bs whose engines you could look at), then it's
probably the "right" engine for your car.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center