Re: Sheet metal expertise needed

To: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Sheet metal expertise needed
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:37:27 -0400
Joseph Cianciotti wrote:

> Showed my vandalized door and lock to a couple of shops today. And at one
> shop, we came upon a novel solution to replacing or reskinning the door.
> Instead of restamping/reshaping the area around the lock to get the bevel
> just right, why not buy a new skin, and cut out and weld a new lock area
> into the old panel. Is this a good idea?

  It would work, but seems like a lot more work than putting on
a new skin.

  As far as metalwork goes, putting on a new skin is pretty far up
the "EASY" chain. A lot easier than butt welding in a patch and
making it invisible, anyways.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/